- A stay at Villa Extramuros allows the access to a park of 5 hectares of oaks and olive trees, where you can walk, run, chill-out, sleep, read, workout, have picnic, play, watch birds and other animals…
- The ground is surrounded only by meadows, olive fields, oak forests, ecologically protected, where sheep flocks grow. A paradise for rabbits and birds.
- The garden was kept as close as possible to nature, with just the addition of bushes and trees of local alentejan varieties
- In front of the villa, the orange & citrus orchard welcomes the guests
- The swimming-pool is located west of the villa, overlooking olive trees and fields around, with sunny exposure all along the day, and a perfect spot for sundowners.
- A 15×6 m infinite pool where you really can swim, and also a small pool for children
- Chill-out area, on a vast deck with daybeds, sun chairs and umbrellas
- Drinks service
On request experiences
The following activities can be arranged for you inside or outside the Villa during your stay : sports, cultural visits, gastronomy, emotions...
And also : cross country bicycle rides, balloon rides, visit of farms...
- The Atlantic ocean and its sandy beaches are only 50mn far from the Villa by car.
- Our favorite place is the beautiful and still unspoiled Litoral Alentejano, south of Troia peninsula, west of Alcacer do Sal. But the little beaches of the Arrabida coast, close to Setubal, are worth seeing too.
You can easily go there for lunch and come back to Arraiolos the same afternoon.
- The Algarve is 3h from Arraiolos
- Two days at least are necessary to visit the beautiful and unspoiled city of Evora, classified by the Unesco among World heritage sites since 1986
- Not to miss : the roman temple, the cathedral, the recently re-opened Evora Museum. But also the little streets of the acropolis inherited from the moors and now protecting Renaissance mansions and barocco churches.
- For good food lovers, we recommend the local farmer’s market ( every Saturday morning, praca 1er de Maio ) and the local convent pastry shops
- Visiting the city of Arraiolos, famous for its carpet industry and recently enriched with a contemporanean urban design, is a charming experience.
Not to miss :
- The 13th century castle, on the top of the hill, offering a breathtaking 360° view
- The Interpretative center for the Arraiolos carpet on the main square.
- The churches with beautiful azulejos: Convento Nossa Sra da Assuncao (pousada), Matriz, Igreja da Misericordia
- Stop for a drink or a lunch on its quiet squares and pedestrian streets
The local specialities are the « empada de galinha » and the finger-licking « pastel de toucinho»